Kid's Book Revisions:
Kids Book Revisions has a number of workshop and retreat programs available, with different topics and workshop lengths.
At present, we regularly give workshops in Connecticut and a working retreat at the Highlights Foundation near Honesdale, PA, but we also travel--see below for some options. We are now taking bookings for fall 2013 and all of 2014.
Some recent events: 3-hour Revision Intensive, LA National SCBWI, August 2011; 1-day Workshops, Westport, CT, February (Revising--and Reimagining--Your Picture Book) and April (Planning and Revising Your YA Manuscript) 2013; 3-day Workshop in 2011 and 5-day Retreat in 2012, Highlights Foundation, near Honesdale, PA.
- Editing Without an Editor workshop, June 30, 2013.
- Five-Day Revision Retreat, August 12-17, 2013, Highlights Foundation, near Honesdale, PA. Registration is open. Scholarships are available.
- Advanced Picture Book workshop, September 29, 2013, Westport, CT. Details to come.
- Revising Your MG Novel workshop, November 3, 2013, Westport, CT. Details to come.
- Other bookings to be posted when confirmed.
Formats Available for Workshops:
- 2 to 4-hour mini-workshops, which can stand alone or fit into a conference schedule.
- 1 to 3-day workshops (8-hour days).
- 3-day to 1-week working retreats, with sessions in the morning only, writing time in afternoons.
We can also custom-build a workshop or retreat on request, and can bring in other editors and agents, or experts in other areas (marketing, social media, etc.) as needed.
- Editing without an Editor (sample schedule, from our Westport series): an overview for writers across all genres.
- Revising Your Picture Book/MG Novel/YA Novel/Nonfiction: Dig into a specific manuscript with two experienced editors.
- Critique Group Recharge: New workshop for critique groups--we come to you.
- Additional topics under development, including Writing Nonfiction for Fiction Writers.
Kid's Book Revisions Home Page